Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August 11th

We finally returned to Hobbly! The last day and a half have been very exhausting.

On day 2 of our trip to Hobbly, we came across a young lad screaming for our help. It seems his sister was unconcious and could not be awaken. So Dorian and I chase the boy into the woods till we came upon a stone wall with a doorway leading to a courtyard beyond. We continue to follow the boy into the courtyard and thru another doorway leading into a building. We take the first door at the left which appears to be an old reception type room. This building is in ruins with plants growing on the walls. There is no furniture and rocks scattered across the floor. There is a body of a young girl in decay on the floor. Across the room is another doorway that is dark. The boy begins to cry out for his sister to wake up. Just as he does this we hear a stirring from the dark doorway. A large 10 foot chaos troll with 4 arms comes out of the door way. I am frozen in shock! The troll pushes off the wall and goes thru the boy to land right beside me. The boy is a ghost!! The troll takes no time in attacking me, hitting me twice. I finally come out of my shock and manage to do some damage back first hitting him in the head and then the right arm. However this does not slow him one bit and he reaches back and punches me right in the gut sending me backwards and to the floor. I down for a few minutes. Once I get back to my feet, I manage to swing at him again. Of course he swings back and I dodge two blows. OUCH!! He hits me in the arm and I see darkness. I awaken a while later outside the building back in the courtyard. Everyone is here now. And attacking. The troll is still going strong with minors scrapes and scratches. Dorian is looking nearly as bad as me and Francias is soon to be hurting. I yell for everyone to fall back. I don't like it but it seems the only logical thing to do. The troll is not going to stop till he kills us all. I think its better to regroup, heal up and come back with a plan of attack to take this troll down. Danica, Frendi and I all begin to back away from the fighting. We are heading back to the cart and the troll follows us to the outer door way. Dorian sees this and begins shotting him again with his arrow. He and Francias hang back for a bit while the rest of the party takes off for the cart. After a bit Dorian returns dragging Francias behind him. The troll is still alive and we all vow to come back for him. Frendi and Dorian get into a heated debate on wether to return to Altdorf. But we finally decide to travel onward to Hobbly. Using some of the skills Danica taught me I manage to heal myself and Francais enough to travel.

We travel for about 2 hours more and see a cart up ahead in the road. It looks to be three humans driving and 2 elves in chains in a the cart. I yell to Dorian and tell him of what I have seen. I send him invisible to see what is going on. We follow behind at a slower pace and after a half hour goes by there is still no word from Dorian, so yell to everyone to pick up the pace. We arrive to a see a dead horse, an empty cart and a 2 dead bodies, one human and one elven. Dorian tells us he managed to stop the cart killing one horse and human to free the elves. Then the elves who are Dark Elves attack him and he manages to kill one and the rest flee. At first, Dorain wants to bring the heads of the 2 men he has killed to Hobbly to let everyone know what has happened. I talk him out of this saying we might want to keep low if they are searching for him like we think.

So again we begin to travel towards Hobbly. Not far into our travels, a group of elves come out of the woods and surround the cart. They are the Riverleaf Band and begin to question everyone. The say they are looking for outlaws and Dark Elves. Dorain tells them about the battle we have just left. They say he did the right thing. After questioning all the humans and halfling we are set free again. We travel all night and hit Hobbly around 5am.

No comments: